Learn how to upload and customize backgrounds in the Slate Brand Portal with step-by-step instructions and recommended file types. Enhance your branding effortlessly.
NOTE: You can find recommended sizes, dimensions and file types for any asset you are uploading to your Slate Brand Portal, including backgrounds, here.
- When you upload a background file, it will automatically generate versions across the four standard ratios that Slate supports
- The frame/crop of backgrounds can only be edited or repositioned within your Brand Portal
- Backgrounds can be media files (video, image, etc.) or HEX codes
Uploading a new background in your Slate Brand Portal
1. In the Backgrounds drawer, click +
2. Select what background type. If you add a HEX code as your background during this step, after adding your color, save and publish your changes.
3. Upload (from your files or drag + drop) your background file
4. Add any search terms or assign your new background to a collection
5. Save your uploaded background
Quick Background Upload via Drag + Drop
2. Publish your changes
Tip: You can bulk upload backgrounds by selecting all of your files and dragging + dropping them into the Background folder